From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
www.joepries.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 4:15 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: U.S. Airports Not Ready For Airbus A380, Says Lufthansa

Grant, Liam, all,
I know its been quite a while for me, but i've been monitoring nontheless-
my life is insanely busy so posting is on the bottom of the list
unfortunately.  As far as Charlotte, it is the most underestimated city in
the country- the growth here is phenomenal- there are many folks moving here
from the northeast, many with money and it shows, the homes being built, the
neighborhoods, the beauty here is just wonderful- if you've never been here,
you think rednecks and fields- couldn't be further from the truth, believe
me.  LH is starting A340 daily MUC-CLT service in 10 days, this is the 2nd
biggest banking center in the country next to NYC, even bigger than San
Francisco's banking center- imagine??
And golf courses? man o man, there are some beautiful ones here, some that
rival many others around the country.  I don't golf but i know beautiful
courses when i see them and they are here.

on the DAL flight, i went to the MUC slide convention, supposed to be for 24
hours and I fly standby on a pass so i barely got on friday night, last
coach seat on the airplane, and coming back sunday i was bumped because sat
night the military booked a bunch of soldiers returning from Doha.  I had no
problem being bumped so that our guys can get home so I did not feel bad.
Monday morning i got on, sat in 12C so that was nice and the beef tenderloin
was absolutely delicious..   -also nice flying a 732 clt-atl & atl-clt

JP

Liam Tully <lrtully@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Grant.

It's "hear", not "here", before somebody corrects you....

Charlotte? The ONLY "happening" there is when the all the
locals jump in their car's, race around an oval track and try
to kill each other - great sport - I love it. They dont even
have sex in NC - they just race cars!

They dont even have a golf course for gawds sake!

Joe, are we going to get a trip report MUC-ATL?
We know a DL fan on another list who might be interested.

Liam.
YVR.