Re: New United ads

David MR wrote:
> Real Player plays AVI files.  So can the Windows Media Player.  However, I
> was looking at the file name (unitedcommercial.avi).  The text for the link
> says Windows Media File (which has an extension of WMV). It does the in
> twice places, no less.

AVI an older Windows Media file extension.  WMV was introduced more
recently.

AVI has been around quite a while.  AVI files can generally be played by
most media players, it has been around for a while.  When I clicked the
AVI link, it was played in the browser by QuickTime.

The reason your computer played it with RealOne is that you have the the
AVI file extension mapped to RealOne rather than Windows Media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMV

--
David Mueller / MRY