Re: Low cost transatlantic carriers re the airline owned by Flying tigers

In a message dated 2/27/04 3:38:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, mpanitz@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> I remember an airline I belive was owned by Flying tigers at one time
> (before they merged with Fed ex)

Yup - Metro International.

The 74's were purchased speculatively from SQ, and for some long forgotten
reason we had to eat 'em. FT then started into the PAX business. Flights were
mostly carrying Hasidim between JFK via BRU/AMS to Israel. It was a scene. This
was not "high end travel." Tigers knew how to move freight, and troops to/from
overseas bases. Real pax were another matter. It wasn't pretty.

Mike
SFO