Re: FAA Regulations????

After doing an exhaustive search of the Federal Aviation Regulations, I've come to the conclusion that the requirement for the armrest to be down is not a requirement of the government.

If you think about it, it would seem to be safer to have the armrest in the up position in case evacuation of the aircraft is needed. In the full up position, it will not interfer with the person exiting his seat.  In any other position, it could interfer with a rapid egress.

David R