From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Simon Craig
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 3:30 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Airbus question

At 10:07 AM -0500 11/2/04, Tyler Munoz wrote:
>Does anyone know if it is "SOP" on A318/19/20/21 aircraft to deploy the

>slats on approach prior to flaps being deployed or in lieu of spoilers?

>US Airways shuttle aircraft seem to do this all the time when the=20
>descent begins.

Standard practice on most aeroplanes, Tyler.  In terms of flaps and
slats (or leading edge flaps), slats are always the first out and the
last back in.  In normal operation the pilots have no control over this.

Spoilers are optional really - used for slowing the plane down or
changing the descent/glide path.
--
Regards,

Simon Craig