Re: UniTED

United ran out of cash (after liabilities) a long time ago.

They no longer have to convince their suppliers, and their shareholders
of their plans (bankruptcy sorta takes that responsibility away) but
they have to convince their creditors and Debtor-in-Possession
financiers.

DIPs, being it pension funds or GE Capital are fairly shrewd  folks,
who don't take likely to others piddling away their money.

So United's remaining executive teams must of made a fairly grounded
and well-thought-out proposal to these folks for TED and they other key
decisions, and depending on the jurisdiction, such major decisions
would also come under the gavel of the judicial process overseeing the
bankruptcy.

Though from the outside, I'm with you, I wonder if they are actually
going to make a go of this.

Matthew

http://www.redmac.ca - Getting Canadian's their Macintosh accessories
http://www.justaddanoccasion.com - Great gift ideas, featuring smoked