Re: Aircraft Replacement

Talking to a former military avaitor friend, he was saying that the DC-10 deal was more a prestige thing than something of real purpose.  They just wanted a great big tanker and MDD gave them the price.  The 767 is similar to the KC-135/707 in size and mission (though a wide body and bigger), so it is an ideal replacement.

<<What I find questionable is the 767 being used as a fueling aircraft.
Correct me if I am wrong but this deal was put together after B gulped MDD.
Considering that USAF has DC10s as refueling tankers also, I think MD11
would be a better choice due to increased payload and commonality.

If you ask me I think this 767-USAF deal stinks worse than a dead rat. :)>>