Re: Northwest To Fly Portland ?_Tokyo_Nonstop

Aside from Baha's note about DL pulling out of PDX, and NW code sharing
with AS to get pax out through SEA.....

As a gateway to the far-east, PDX makes a much better geographic
location than SFO. SFO is quite a bit down the left-coast.

With NW's presence in Seattle, having PDX also 'covered', leaves little
opportunity for a competitor. And doesn't NW run some routes out of NRT
with some A320s?

PDX has been throwing some incentives about ever since DL left when
they realized that they could do ATL originating flights to the
far-east.. (the few that they do.)

Nice airport otherwise, I quite like connecting through it.

The Portland area may be home to Nike, but Intel has major facilities
in the area, as do many pulp & paper manufacturers including
Georgia-Pacific.

Matthew