From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Thomas J Massone
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 11:03 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CO 777 lands at Midway Atoll

http://www.airnav.com/airport/MDY

Here is a link to the Field

TOM

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Bob Fletcher
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:16 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had the privilege of landing there in March 1959 on my way to Guam, we
were in a C-121, getting closer to the water wondering where the land was.
Then,  thump plus, and we were down. It was a good flight, but ALL THOSE
GOONEY BIRDS?  WOW !                     Does anyone know when the Navy
moved out from the island?  For all you younger folks, There is a ton of
history involved with Midway.  Dig out your history books and be ready for
the valor and spirit of our Navy June 1942.   GO NAVY !    (Even though I am
former USAF!)      Bob

BOB FLETCHER
US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
Military Design Section, 10th Floor S.W.
SACRAMENTO DISTRICT,  SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA, 95814-2922
 PH. (916) 557-7235