New rules on foreign carriers demanded by TSA

I was telling that coming up with stupid rules off your ass in the name of
security will not fly with other cultures/companies/countries..

Follow the discussion from the PPRUNE board and make up your mind..

MESSAGE 1:

>An airline not a million miles from here has just sent out a notice to
flight crew along the lines of the following.

>"US security now require you to include this in your pre-flight
announcement on flights to or from the USA."

>"The US State Department demands that passengers are not allowed to
congregate in groups around the toilets nor anywhere in >the aircraft."

>The notice adds that this is binding.

>This is an outrageous attack on the sovereignty of a foreign registered
aircraft. The jurisdiction of an aircraft in flight >has been well
established in law in most countries of the world and in general usage by
IATA.

REPLY :
>We flew yesterday to the USA from the UK with a UK carrier, and the poor
captain had to run through all this stuff in his >>>introductory PA. It did
sound a bit half-baked, as the flight was full, with plenty of children, so
the loos were busy, as >were the aisles. He explained that it was a request
from the US authorities.

>As I watched folk come and go to the loo/children and adults stretch their
legs, I did wonder how the US authorities felt   >they would be able to
monitor the no-congregating etc rules they have come up with. Are they
planning to put a "prefect" on >every flight and if they are not pleased
with the conduct, the crew get their knuckles rapped? Plus, if the cockpit
door is >secure, what use is the non-congregating rule......

>Oh dear, I'm afraid that this addition to the many necessary security
measures smacks of paranoia and, speaking for myself, >reduces what little
faith I had in the authorities' ability to protect us all.