INFO: ITALYNEWS

--=======343B340=======

Hi to all,
this is a report to update the italian civil scene.

AIR ALPS, will add further two Do328/100's, increasing from 7 to 12 props=
.=20
Probably the planes will be fully positioned in Italy to cover the hole=20
recently created from the Minerva collapse.

ALITALIA, has agreed to Boeing the conversion of three MD11 Combi to=20
Freighter. They replace the pair of B747/200F in service and a single=20
wet-leased aircraft from ATLAS AIR. Modifications are planned to be=20
commence in October 2004 with cooperation of Alenia/Finmeccanica in Naple=
s=20
and Venice. Firstly will be removed the passenger lay-out and installed t=
he=20
cargo equipments in that area. A new kitchen, WC for the crew and courier=
s=20
time to time aboard of the aircraft will install  Cockpit shall be improv=
ed=20
with new aids like a new ground proximity avoidance system, new updated=20
approaching guidance system. Massimo Panagia, MD od Alitalia Cargo=20
declares, "We are very happy to work together with Boing to create a new=20
modern freighter fleet and we will have soon three new and modern planes=20
that replace two B747 all freighter in service until now". Panagia=20
continues "With the newest MD11's we will start a new growth cycle=20
expansion in our business. This is the best tools available to respond to=
=20
the demand of the cargo market with a constant increase. And we will be=20
able to face the new challenges with the new aircrafts, modern and=20
flexible, that the world-wide routes are in a position to practically=20
transporting whichever product on all.
MD11F's for Alitalia they will have 93,2 tons in term of payload in a ran=
ge=20
of 3486 MILES (6456kMS) at MTOW of 286000 Kgs.
Main cargo compartment and the secondaries have the allownce to carry on =
36=20
pallets (36x125in. size).

EUROFLY, rumors reports a possible addition of A319's for a luxury 40 fir=
st=20
class service from Italy to US.

FLY-EUROFLY is a new low cost two classes airline based in Avignon that=20
intends to link Milan Orio with MD83.

HAPAG LLOYD EXPRESS presents in these days the new timetable summer 2004=20
with new routes:
Berlin-Naples;
Hamburg-Naples;
Hannover-Palermo;
Stuttgart-Catania,
Stuttgart-Palermo,
Stuttgart-Olbia.

LIVINGSTON AVIATION GROUP, Ten days later on Jan. 1st. 2004 I-LIVM, first=
=20
A330/200's has operated the first revenue flight LDI191 from Milan Mxp to=
=20
Cancun.

MERIDIANA, after the phase out of the Whisperjets, rumors reports that so=
on=20
will return to lessors and sell  both the MD82's fleet with 17 A320's.

VOLAR/LTE and VOLARE GROUP has established a code sharing on the routes=20
from Barcelona to Milan/Rome/Venice.
Has provide to position in Bergamo an A320's under the Christmas holidays=
=20
to support extra capacity for Volare.

VOLARE GROUP has wet-leased time to time an Air Plus B747 to cover extra=20
demands from Milan Mxp to Red Sea during Christmas Time. L1011 from Air=20
Luxor for long range extra flights.

That's all for today,
Best Regards,
Marco=20