"Airline" Features Turbulent World Of Flying

"Airline" Features Turbulent World Of Flying

POSTED: 5:21 p.m. EST December 31, 2003
UPDATED: 5:23 p.m. EST December 31, 2003

DALLAS -- A brand new reality show soars into your living room next Monday starring Dallas-based Southwest Airlines, its employees and passengers.

Live Poll: Would You Watch?

"Airline" takes off Monday, Jan. 5, on A&E, giving viewers an inside look into the often-turbulent world of the airline industry.

"What you're seeing is literally what our employees see everyday," airline president Colleen Barrett said. "If you deal with the public the way we do, then you can imagine that every situation imaginable will come up in a 24-hour period."

Barrett referred to situations that can be volatile and sensitive.

 SURVEY
Would you watch the reality show "Airlines," starring Dallas-based Southwest Airline?
Yes
No

Results  |  Disclaimer

For example, one episode deals with the delicate task of telling a passenger that he smells too badly to travel.

However, all of the passengers featured in the reality show have signed release forms to use their faces and sometimes embarrassing encounters.

Many Southwest passengers in north Texas expressed excitement about the latest idea in reality television.

"I think it's be a good experience for all future passengers to know what to expect and pretty much know how to act," passenger Christian Flores said.

Roger
EWROPS