Happy new year from THY :)

Let the bidding begin :) It is funny that they announce the deal, but do not
let us know what new planes they will order. :)
I like the fact that -500s are gone. I think RJs will go away also.. -400s
still have some life in them, so let them stay.

My speculation goes for a mix order of 330s and 737-800s. We'll see.

BAHA
Fan of new planes.

ISTANBUL, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Turkey's flag carrier Turkish Airlines (THY)
(THYAO.IS) said on Wednesday it had decided to acquire 19 new aircraft and
lengthen leases on existing planes.
The company said in a statement to the stock exchange that it had authorised
its purchasing board to start work on acquiring the 19 new planes and
additional options on three regional aircraft.

With the leases on some aircraft expiring in 2006, the THY board has decided
to lengthen those on eight Boeing 737/400s and not to renew leases on two
Boeing 737/500, the statement said.

It did not specify which new planes it would acquire.

THY General Manager Abdurrahman Gundogdu has previously said the company
planned to use leasing for some 60 percent of its planes and buy the rest,
to keep the fleet's make-up flexible.

The airline now has 65 planes and expects to need around 100 to meet flight
demand in future. But it plans to maintain a conservative stance and remain
just below this total.

The current Turkish Airlines fleet consists of 12 Airbus (Paris:EAD.PA -
News; XETRA:EAD.DE - News) aircraft, 42 Boeings (NYSE:BA - News), as well as
three RJ-70 and eight RJ-100 BAE Systems (London:BA.L - News) regional jets.