re will ATA accept another airlines ticket

I asked this question and the only answer I got was not in bulk?
what in the heck does that mean? I know my friends didn't buy a BULK
TICKETS
just a ticket to/from Lax to OGG and Back   and they were issued by a
travel agency.

I was wondering if ATA has interline agreement with other airlines thats
was another related
question
since isn't ATA an "charter: airline?