Re: question (the incident has passed but I was wondering if ATA will accept ...

On Saturday, December 20, 2003, at 10:03 AM, Scott Kinniburgh wrote:
> In a message dated 12/19/2003 9:11:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> mpanitz@xxxxxxxx writes:
>> so my question is could my friend have flown on ATA instead (if AA had
>> endorsed their tickets)?
>
> Depends on the type of ticket...  Bulk vs. Published... Carriers will
> not
> endorse a bulk ticket.

Actually, I would say it's more precise to say "carriers *may* not
endorse a bulk ticket".

Some years ago I had a bulk (consolidator/bucket shop) ticket on PanAm
(the original) which was
SFO-LHR-(open jaw)-CDG-JFK-SFO, around the time of the run-up to the
first Gulf War, and due to some financial uncertainties about PA, plus
their planes being requisitioned for military charter work, they
started cancelling flights right and left, and while in Paris I talked
to Air France and they would honor the consolidator ticket for CDG-JFK
if PA endorsed it, which they said they would in case of a
cancellation.   As it turned out it was not needed and I returned on
PA.  Perhaps that was unusual or a one-time deal, but I'm glad it was
not impossible.

Perhaps things have changed in the intervening years as well.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx