Re: LAX and around

In a message dated 12/16/03 11:46:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bahadiracuner@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I may endup being in LA from Sat till Tuesday this coming week (20-23) and
> will try to get to Majave and other storage places. I will have a rental
> car,
> contributing to the LA smog, so driving is not an issue.
>
> All the help about visiting Mojave, Victorville and LAX (even SNA or LGB)
> area
> airports are appreciated.

Well, now there are several things to do as far as the airports.  First off,
you must go to BUR and take a look at the WN terminal from the top of the
parking structure, you will marvel at just how close the runway is to the
hardstands there.  I recommend a map, or sending me an e-mail, and I can help.  Mojave
and Victorville are actually quite close to eachother, but a ways out from LA
proper, so that can be a good day trip.  If you start early, you could hit
BUR on the way to the desert.  LGB and SNA are both off the 405 (the 405 being
to SNA what the beach is to SXM)  so those are also an easy daytrip.