Re: NYTimes.com Article: US Airways’ Stock Hurt By Southwest’s Rout...

What?

Neelman is trying to illustrate the problems faced when a full-service
airline competes against Southwest.  Like it or not, Southwest is a =
discount
carrier.  US Airways views itself as an airline that offers a premium
product and, as such, should command a premium price over Southwest.  =
This
is the same issue faced by many retailers when they compete against
Wal-Mart.

Shockingly enough, this has nothing whatsoever to do with unions.

And most successful airline in the world?  Based on what?  Most =
successful
in the US over the past thirty years, certainly, but the world is a =
pretty
big place.