Re: AC and 747s

In a message dated 12/10/2003 6:20:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
yul@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  don't believe it.  I thought that they were trying to get rid of their
 larger a/c because they had a hard time filling them and their
 present debt situation means that those beautiful birds are basically
 draining them?

 I'd be very surprised if this were true, but this business is full of
 surprises! >>

Well, there are two reasons for the planes.  They are much cheaper right now
than the newer A340s, and have longer range then anything in the AC fleet.
Also, they can carry a crapload of cargo, which AC does well on.