Re: Can't wait until United dumps this sorry *ss airline

Okay, I'll bite.  How does deregulation result in the suspension of
antitrust laws?

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
kurtzke@xxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 2:40 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Can't wait until United dumps this sorry *ss airline

BAHA and list,
I and several of my friends could tell you stories about Air Wisconsin and
its successors at O'Hare on the SBN - ORD route. Scary.

Rule #1:
They always lie.

Rule #2:
In case of doubt, see rule #1.

When an American gate agent once tried to blame a lie on American Eagle as
if AA had no responsibility, I said, "You own American Eagle."

The result of deregulation (or as Alfred Kahn wisely noticed, the federal
government halting enforcement of anti-trust laws) is that while you used to
be able to fly United, North Central, etc.  on a 737 or DC 9, you now get to
fly a commuter airline on a commuter jet or a small turbo-prop.

Actually, in my (somewhat meager) experience, Horizon and Comair aren't that
bad. I'd rather fly United Express or Horizon to Seattle than the old United
Shuttle to SFO.

john

Fan of enforcement of anti-trust laws

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 10:52 PM, Bahadir Acuner wrote:

> Independence Air? Hmmm..
>
> What does ACA stand for? Always Cancelled Airplanes?
> How 'bout BLR? Be Late Repetitively? :P
>
> I fly every week to and out of YUL. To my luck United mainline doesn't
> operate there, so I have to put up with ACA..
>
> Let me tell you , in last 18 segments within last
> 2 months, NOT A SINGLE FLIGHT left on time..
>
> On thursday, they were late getting in to YUL and it took them an hour
> to turn a CRJ around making me miss my UA 519 to SEA. Of course, UAL
> said that it was due to flow control, but a quick look to the flight
> stati turned a perfect on time ops at the mainline..
>
> Tonight, the 8:55 pm ORD-YUL departure was changed due to mechanical
> problems with the aircraft. The new aircraft that we were supposed to
> get was late coming in from ICT (not their fault). We boarded on time
> and waited 40 mins in the aircraft. So that one person would show up
> to pull a bag out..
>
> Then for the duration of the flight the inside temp. of the aircraft
> must have been 40 degrees C.
>
> Not a single thing goes right with this airline.
>
> I really want to see how Independence Air will do..
>
> Charles, you think Comair was bad.. try BlueRidge and see the
> difference..
>
> BAHA
> Not a fan of Ch.9 tonigh in my DEN-ORD flight. Who cares about Broncos
> game; show me the ATC :)

John Kurtzke, C.S.C.
Department of Mathematics
University of Portland