Re: A380 and ANC

--Boundary_(ID_tib2A1+dEEjssG1Odn6jMQ)

On Wednesday, Dec 3, 2003, at 11:34 America/Anchorage, Liam Tully wrote:

> With FedEx being a customer,
> what about MEM & ANC?
>
> Liam.
> YVR.

Yes, ANC is seen as an early airport for the A380F. ANC boasts of being
the #1 US airport in cargo tons landed so they've already begun some
runway and taxiway projects that I think were in part to enable the
A380F. I've worked many An-124s and even got on the An-225 when it was
here a dozen years ago so I have no doubt the airport will be ready for
the A380F. I'm sure there are plans for the pax version as well. Some
pax carriers here have ordered the A380...but I suspect any early
appearance would be due to a drop-in.

Here's something from the Airbus website on their airport team:
The team, which works closely with Airbus marketing, is targeting as a
priority 21 airports that will serve the first A380 passenger aircraft
from 2006 and 2007. These include Johannesburg, South Africa, Bangkok,
Thailand, Dubai, UAE and other major airports served today by the
Boeing 747. Following these are those that will serve the A380-800F
freighter aircraft from 2008. These include emerging hubs such as Osaka
Kansai, Japan, Anchorage, USA, as well as larger airports such as
Memphis, USA, the base of Federal Express.

Also - Airbus has a pretty extensive site for airport planning purposes
at:

http://www.airbus.com/product/a380_planning.asp

Mike

[...]

</color></fontfamily>