Re: AIRLINE Digest - 30 Nov 2003 (#2003-198) A380

In a message dated 12/1/2003 6:10:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hsilbiger@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  The US airlines are also not in a financial position to
 order any 380s. >>

Well, WN could, but then again I don't think that is their bag, hehe.  It
would be interesting to see 2 things.  If Boeing goes ahead with the 747 with 7E7
engines and new wing, I would like to see if an airline like CO, that is
doing much better financially than some of the others, and could be in much better
shape in say 5 years would keep with their all-Boeing policy and buy a few as
they expand their international (particularly Asian network).  They backed
off on the 744, but I was talking to a CO gate agent that was telling me that
their trans-pac flights are always impossibly full.  Just interesting conjecture.