TRIP REPORT: BOS - YUL - BOS DL (ACA)

AIRLINE:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Left BOS on Friday AM for my trip on Donier 328 Jet
to Montreal.  We left about one hour late, due to the
pea soup fog which made visibility nil, just getting
to the taxi-way.  Reasonably smooth flying after a few
rough bumps upon ascent to about 25K most of the way.

The big report is Montreal's new airport.  While still
not yet completed, it has wide aisles, well placed
telephones and eateries, rest rooms within good
distances of the gates, and is well lite.  I was
especially impressed that it gave much respect to
smaller planes like ours in that we had an escalator
down to our gate area (gate 89) and we had floor to
ceiling windows with reasonable views of the ground
operations.

At present, the big big drawback is once you enter the
make shift walk way to the terminals, it is a long,
long walk to baggage claim and customs. (Essentially,
one is walking the perimeter of the new terminal)
Quite a hassle indeed just to deliver you at the same
arrivals / bus area that's always been there.
Other than that, a good trip.

Saw the usual Air Canada traffic at YUL and on my
return Sunday, glimpsed a large B-747 AC parked at the
gate as we came to the airport up there via another
highway. (The city has plenty of them)

This will be quite an airport when all is finished.

Waited for more than five minutes for an inner taxiway
to get to Terminal C at Logan at 7:25 pm.  Big delay
but don't know why.  BA B-747 was in last night at
this time.

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Massachusetts USA