Snowbirds and forced migrations---was Re: Seat Cushion Question

The Canadian Health Act requires you to be a resident to be covered.

A resident, as far as the Health Act AND the US/Canadian Tax treaty is
defined as being resident > 183 days. (or is 181?)

And most condo's are rented in month blocks, or 3 month blocks.

The most miserable three months in parts of Quebec and Ontario is from
October 1st->March 31st. So the 'snowbirds' as they are nicknamed,
really need to be out of the country (i.e. the USA) on March 31st for a
lot of reasons.

Air Canada plans for it, that's why there was a 747 on those particular
days. Normally it was an L1011 or DC-8 if memory serves correctly.

Matthew