Re: Seat Cushion Question

the key word is "removed."

Of course we know 'soiled and not removed' is definitely in the airline
dictionary.

Much like the ratios of pax to exit doors, there is probably a ratio
between pax and floatation devices (include crew!)

I've heard of a story with an AC 747 leaving on March 31st from Tampa
to Toronto. They couldn't confirm the forward starboard door was
closing correctly. They deboarded about 50 pax in and around the door
and were about to get on their way when the blue-haired crowd (anyone
who knows the flight will understand why March 31st is important)
started whispering that it was to prevent people from being sucked out
the door in an emergency.

Needless to say, panic ensued, and a pax had a cardiac arrest and died
in his seat.

The flight left many hours late for multiple reasons.

But it had nothing to do with being sucked out.

Matthew