Re: My own personal A320 bizjet ..

I've been on a number of practically empty red-eyes over the years.  My
assumption is that they are basically repositioning flights to get the
planes to the right cities for the next day's set of flights.

They seem to be pretty much universally unpopular.  I try to avoid them
at all costs since I don't sleep well, or usually at all, on aircraft,
and would arrive pretty bedraggled.   A couple of weeks ago I had a
classic red-eye situation - I had to be at a morning meeting at my
office (near SFO), then fly to the Bay City/Saginaw, Michigan area, for
a morning meeting the next day.  Due to flight schedules it looked like
a red-eye was inevitable, but instead I grabbed an afternoon connection
to Detroit via PHX on HP, got into to DTW at 1 AM, grabbed my rental
car, got 5+ hours of sleep plus a shower at an airport hotel, drove 3
hours upstate, and was actually coherent for the meeting.

(The return flight that night got cancelled and they put me on AA, so I
ended up flying SFO-PHX-DTW-STL-SFO all for a ~ 4 hour meeting.)

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx