Re: World's largest plane lands at Hopkins Airport

In a message dated 11/10/2003 7:25:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< YNG can take dual tandem wheeled aircraft up to 600,000 pounds.

 Customs isn't available as stated.
 Here's what the YNG page (http://www.yngwrnair.com/services/customs.html)
 says about Customs:

 The Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport does not yet have U.S. Customs or any
 other federal inspection services available at this time. However, U.S.
 Customs can be made available at the airport on a permanent basis under an
 arrangement with the Western Reserve Port Authority if you are interested in
 becoming a frequent user. The Port Authority has the capability to exercise
 an agreement with U.S. Customs which can provide on-airport federal
 inspection services permanently on site. This would also include both
 Immigration and Department of Agriculture services. The Port Authority would
 need about 90 days lead time to make these arrangements >>

I know they can take the weight, but weight is not the only thing about the
infrastructure.  LAX can take 800,000 lbs but had to reconfigure some of its
taxiways for the 744, and we still have major incursion problems.