Re: Little Rock Denies Reality - overseas call centers

----- Original Message -----
From: "RT Simpson" <BraniffIntl@xxxxxxx>
To: <AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 7:50 PM

In a message dated 11/8/2003 1:35:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can be justified though:
>
> 1. A single call center large enough to handle all of their calls may
> not be as cost effective as multiple smaller call centers.

Except if it is in Bombay, Belfast or some other English speaking country
with cost efficient labor!  (hey..it's bound to happen sooner than later)

It is aleady happing with United. They have several overseas call centers including Dublin, Mecixo City, Aukland, TYO and others.

The only one that was taking calls from the United states was Mexico City, and  when I was with United we had lots of complainets in the begining. I dont know what the situation is like now except to say when I called to buy my thanksgiving trip, I could not understand there english and I guess it was my fault that I did not speek spanish thus I hung up. Called back twice until I got an english speaking agent, this time with Alaska. They ended up with my money.

John/PHX (for now)