Re: Cactus Adds 9 LAS NonStoppers

In a message dated 11/3/2003 6:10:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BraniffIntl@xxxxxxx writes:

<< In a move to beef up their Las Vegas hub (and keep unruly blue colored
 competitors out) America West is adding additional Las Vegas non-stops to 9
 destinations.  The added frequencies are to LAX, OAK, ONT, PDX, PHX, RNO,
SAN, SJC &
 SMF.  With the exception of OAK service begins 1/7/04.  OAK increased service
 began 10/26/03.  The interesting thing about this capacity increase is Cactus
 does it through better aircraft utilization.  A smart move that's bound to
make
 Ragman even more money! >>

This is a good move for them.  It is well known that jetBlue has been jumping
at Vegas since National went down.  I believe the even accelerated their
entry into the market after the bankruptcy.  Since they are turning their aircraft
faster now, I hope HP is staying away from UA hangars =).