Re: Pacific oceanic control wheres it located|/( was So Cal TRACON?)

In a message dated 10/27/2003 8:57:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mpanitz@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< If Socal covered all those airports
 SCT provides radar air traffic approach
 control services to all arriving and departing aircraft for most
 airports in southern California. Airports receiving SCT services
 include Burbank Airport, John Wayne Airport, Los Angeles International
 Airport, Long Beach Airport, March AFB, Miramar MCAS, North Island NAS,
 Ontario Airport, San Diego International Airport, Van Nuys Airport and
 many more airports that service general aviation.
 who does the Pacific Oceanic control -Oakland? (I'm guessing) >>

Oakland Center is just a center.  There is a NorCal TRACON, so they might
handle it.  I do know SoCal took over the duties of Coast TRACON, so that is also
a possiblity.  I do know that LA Center took over most of SoCal's airspace,
operating under center rules.  That means that they must operate under center
rules (more spacing) and with only about 300 controlers taking over for many
more at So Cal, and having to control their own space