Re: Cannibalized Diesel 9s

AC's whole DC-9 fleet has been retired for about a year and a half.  By
"a few", I'm not sure how many you saw, although at various times, there
have been between 2 and 8 a/c stored at midfield next to 06R/24L.  If
they didn't have engine nacelles (or tailcones, I think - I'll have to
check my pictures), they were probably FTLH and FTLJ, which were taken
out of service well before the fall of 2000, which was the first time I
saw those 2 in an inactive state.  Most of the rest of the fleet went to
North Bay and then onwards to Mojave.  They are now starting to be sold
off to third-world operators (FTMZ is on its way to Mali, for example)
Matthew :)