Re: Southwest B-737 (Early Models)

In a message dated 10/9/2003 6:18:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gfoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Stupid or not, I think most of the FE's gradually got into the right seats
 before the 737's went without them.   Did the FE ride a jump seat, or in the
 cabin, or just wherever he/she wanted (actually I guess there weren't many
 if any women up front then)?  From a jump seat, I suppose you could reach
 the throttles fairly well (:-)). >>

I think they rode the jump seat, but I am not sure.  I bet UA tried to screw
them into the jump seat because of how they were screwing UA.
A FE-737 related story happened to me not long ago.  I was waiting for a
flight in an airport and a WN captain was dead heading back home on another
flight.  We talked for a bit in a restaurant and he told me his story.  He was an FE
for Eastern on their short lived DC-10s and on their L1011s (said the L10s
were the "fastest bastards").  When Lorenzo f'ed him and the rest of Eastern, he
went and got type rated on the 737 and went to WN.  Now he is one of the most
senior captains at the Oakland domicile (lives in Austin, TX)