Re: Concorde Farewell

In a message dated 10/7/2003 4:54:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gjmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< As for Virgin flying it, I can't believe anybody thought they were serious.
 It was a typical Branson stunt and, loon though he is, he's not dumb enough
 to shell out the big bucks needed to keep the thing flying. I really can't
 see Tupolev having many spare parts left for a programme that was chopped
 20 years ago with not many built. Maybe NASA might have some? >>

NASA and Boeing own a TU-144 that they are supposedly using for a testbed for
HSST.  It pains me to think that we probably would have a 300 seat SST if the
US government had gone with Lockheed and their much better design