Humorous Moment(s) Going Through Security

Back around Labor Day weekend, I was flying SDF to BWI and got to Louisville
a bit later than I had planned (made the mistake of going in to work before
catching an afternoon flight).

After checking in with Southwest (and finding out that I <DID> in fact, have
an e-ticket), I was in a bit of a rush to get through security.  No line and
I thought I had it made.  After dumping all my change/keys/miscellaneous
iron-mongery into the salad bowls and shoving my computer case into the
'atomic disintegrator', the agent told me I had to remove my shoes.

I looked at him for just a second (have heard about this before, but never
been through it) and asked him (with a smile) if he was joking.  He said,
"no, gotta have you remove your shoes".  I replied that I had already spent
a day at work, on my feet, and it might be somewhat unpleasant to do so.  He
replied (with a grin), "sorry, but them's the rules".

I kinda grimaced and told him that it REALLY was going to be unpleasant if I
did take off my shoes.

He never broke his grin.  He simply reached under the counter, brought out
and donned an old M17A1 gas mask and announced that he was ready for
anything!

By the time, I picked myself up off the floor, I was almost late for my
flight.

Made the whole trip!!

(unfortunately, I never did catch the fellow's name and haven't seen him at
the security point in Louisville on subsequent trips--  someone needs to
send him a commendation for keeping a humorous attitude!)

rick/kd4gnk