Re: Terminally bad: 5 worst international airports

In a message dated 10/4/2003 11:34:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I've been through SVO twice, and really it was not that bad.  The
 security lines were not particularly long, nor was passport
 control/customs on entry.  I had heard all these horror stories about
 stolen luggage, demands for bribes, etc., and none of them were true.
 There were normal shops and eating places.  Compared to the rest of
 Moscow, it was pretty clean and modern.  The one funny thing was that
 when I checked in at Swissair (I was going to Geneva), they gave me a
 boarding pass printed on Aeroflot stock, and until I actually saw the
 plane I thought that maybe the Swissair ticket I had was actually a
 code-share on SU.  (In really it was just that SU is...was...the ground
 handler for Swissair at SVO.) >>

LX is now at DDO