From: "Douglas Schnell" <dks28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 18:38
Subject: Re: [AIRLINE] WN at DEN

Montana?  Wyoming?  More people live in Alaska than in Wyoming.  I would be
shocked to see SWA start service to any of these areas.  The demand simply
isn't there.

Colorado Springs is always a possibility, if only because people are
somewhat accustomed to driving there from the WestPac days.  United's new
LCC at DIA could weigh against a SWA operation of any sort, though.

Macon has been rumored before, but I'm not sure Southwest particularly wants
to get into the ATL market and have to fight both Delta and AirTran.

The southeast has been SWA's growth area for the past five to ten years.
I'd say Charleston is the most likely of the listed cities.

David R
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/books.html