Re: WN at DEN

In a message dated 9/30/2003 3:51:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
clay.wardlow@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just chatting with a friend from DEN and he tells me WN is rumored to be
starting service to COS in the not-so-distant future. Anyone heard anything on
this?

 Also, I mentioned to him that WN used to serve DEN, but pulled out because
Stapleton was hurting their on-time performance. (At least that's what I
remember the story to be....) now they won't be starting up service to DEN because
it's too expensive to operate there. How long ago did they serve DEN and when
did they pull out? >>

I thought they pulled out because Stapleton was closed and DIA has sky high
costs.  They have been rumored into COS for years, and that intensified when
WesPac pulled out.  I will believe this when I see it.  I am surprised that
jetBlue chose DEN over COS, since they chose LGB over LAX and LAX does not have
the costs of DEN or the ontime problems.