Re: destination versus routing pricing

a) competition forces airlines to charge the same between 2 cities, regardless
of routing

b) Southwest does if you chose to fly between 2 cities on flights that are not
shown in the timetable.  For example, if you want to fly from Oakland to
Dallas, you would have to chose your own connecting flights as this routing is
not shown in the timetable.

David R