The Wages of Cheap

In a message dated 9/17/2003 9:48:18 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
regaviationqueen@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> PLEASE!!! The HP pilots need to stop their whining and
> be happy they even have jobs, unlike many of their
> brethren at the other majors. Mesa is flying routes
> that HP can't fly profitably with the A319s and the
> higher salaries.

I'm not convinced HP loses money flying Buses and Boeings on AmWest routes
now utilizing contracted RJs, your Highness.  But there's no doubt in my mind
that Mesa Air (AmWest Express) can fly those routes cheaper and more profitably
than Cactus.  And therein lies the problem: While we love to shop at Wal Mart,
who wants to work for Wal Mart wages?

RT Simpson
Phoenix