Re: Air hostess wrestles drunken passenger

In a message dated 9/13/03 6:56:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I believe you mean "inwards".   But yes, I thought that airliner doors
> could typically not be opened in flight, at least ever since the "D. B.
> Cooper" incident.  Or was that just 727 rear stairs?

The various 727 hijackings happened because, at a certain altitude (I believe
around 10,000 feet) and speed (full flaps) the door could be easily popped
open.  They fixed it so the rear stairs could not be opened, but I don't know
about actual doors.  Remember also that some doors also act at Emergency Exits
and should be a bit easier to open.  Not sure on that, anyone from Boeing or
Airbus want to comment?