Re: Big aircraft makers line up at Air Canada's door

In a message dated 9/13/03 2:44:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gjmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Labour costs a misconception eh?  Gee, I like reading the funnies on a
> Saturday morning.  LCCs cut costs across the board, that's true but the two
> biggest cost centres of any airline, be they full service or low cost, are
> labour and equipment (aircraft). It ain't rocket science.

I was saying that making the comparison with WN, or other low fare carriers
that keep their costs low in other ways is a misconception.  While it maybe
different in the DJ-QF comparison, US low fare carriers generally pay their labor
comparable rates.

Alireza
Rare fan of line saying I am a fan of people who have a complete bias because
of who their employer is making fair comparisons (like the late great Chick
Hearn always did)