Re: Orient Thai to US

In a message dated 9/3/2003 6:54:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
latinaviation@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Thai Airline filed with the  Transportation Department for rights to start
 serving the U.S. The  carrier, Orient Thai Airlines, proposed to begin in
 October with daily  service from Bangkok to Los Angeles and twice-weekly
 service to San  Francisco and New York, using 747 aircraft in a single-class
 configuration  seating 456 passengers. In its application, the privately
 owned company  said it began service within Thailand in 1995 and branched
 out to  international markets with service to Hong Kong and Korea in 2002,
 later  adding Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. In a pro-forma projection, the
 carrier  said it could generate $172 million in passenger revenue during the
 first  year of U.S. service, assuming a 60% load factor and a nominal
 average  fare of $1,100.

This is very interesting.  I hope they use better 74's than the China
Airlines one they bought that crashed before delivery.  I wonder how much the service
will cost, considering that it will be all Y.  Also, where will they stop?