Re: Branson is coming

In a message dated 8/24/03 11:23:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> No inconsistency.  As a native born American citizen, I have the right to
> criticize my government when I feel they are doing wrong.  Even I know there
> is a need for government. But the government should be one of limited
> powers, not one that does things that corporations and people should be
> doing for themselves.

I have the same right, except according to you and John Ashcroft.  I guess
Kissenger has no such rights then, and you had better not vote for Arnold in
October

> It's also a matter of being fair.  Relatively few countries allow foreign
> ownership of corporations in their own nations yet the USA government allows
> it.
>
> And, as mentioned by someone previously, the airlines are a special case.
> In case of an emergency, the government can take demand aircraft from the
> irlines for transport needs.  It's doubtful that government would have the
> balls to do this to a foreign owned airline.

Sure they would.  It is like a cop taking your car to do a police chase, or
the government taking your house under imminent domain.  They can take an
airplane from anyone who owns an airline under the FARs, so what makes it different
if the owner was Richard Branson?