Re: Branson is coming

In a message dated 8/20/03 6:02:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dplaflamme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm trying to figure out which government would tell us what David and I
> can do as Americans if Branson launches Virgin American (or American
> Virgin?). I'm also trying to figure out why US government oversight and
> interference in American Virgin would be any less than it is with AA, UAL,
> Delta, or any other airline operating in the US. Heck, why would American
> Virgin be any different than Virgin Atlantic?

Considering all the attacking he has done of his own government, I don't
think they will be telling the man how to do a damn thing

> But, heck, I'm the kind of guy who's so slow, I didn't even know that Zeuch
> was enough of an aerospace engineer to make off the cuff judgements about
> how well an A320 would survive that hailstorm that easyJet flew into!
>
> Seriously: it's a very big world out there. We gain more by opening our
> borders than we do by closing them. Even with airlines and aircraft. If
> someone else wants to sell me goods made with cheaper labor or subsidies
> from foreign tax payers, who am I to turn down their largesse? Says me,
> anyway.

It is interesting that when it comes to things like healthcare and people
being able to eat, some people say the government should not be involved, free
markets should reign, and those who disagree are all treasonous, French commies.
 When it comes to those that drive the market, corporations, they want them
only owned by who they choose and not to allow the free market to take hold.