United Airlines promotion a little too friendly

United Airlines promotion a little too friendly
Associated Press

DENVER - A United Airlines promotion sent callers seeking a free seat upgrade to a phone-sex line instead after newspaper advertisements printed the wrong number.

A full-page ad in Tuesday editions of The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News listed a toll-free number to get the upgrade. But callers got a recording directing them to a second toll-free number offering connections to "exciting people nationwide."

The second number is answered by a recording in which a woman with a company she identifies as Intimate Encounters asks the caller to enter a credit card number to pay for a live chat with "real working girls, housewives, students and fantasy girls."

United ran ads in the two papers Wednesday with the correct number, which had one digit different from the number listed Tuesday.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers," United spokeswoman Chris Nardella said. Nardella could not say how many customers contacted United to complain.

Roger
EWROPS