Re: CX 828

--Boundary_(ID_uu1nUNgNQU7mMbi6puXChA)

On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 10:56 America/Anchorage,
mgreenwood@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The website for YVR shows CX 828 departing at 14:40 for YYZ.  Is CX
> now using
> YVR for it's tech stop on the Toronto service instead of ANC?
>
> Mark

Cathay Pacific has often swapped Vancouver for Anchorage this
year...the Iraq war, SARS, I think the reason now is the elimination of
Transit With Out Visa and other things by the US that complicates
things when a flight between China and Canada stopped here and many
passengers didn't have passports or visas authorizing US stops. I think
I saw a CX A340 here last week, but maybe it was awhile before.
Mike
aha- thought I could find something official:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/intl/news/2nd/
If you are flying CX828 / 829, please note that beginning 6 August,
2003, there will be a technical stop in Vancouver instead of Anchorage
due to the recent suspension of "Transit Without Visa" Programme in the
United States.

--Boundary_(ID_uu1nUNgNQU7mMbi6puXChA)

On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 10:56 America/Anchorage,
<excerpt>The website for YVR shows CX 828 departing at 14:40 for YYZ.
Is CX now using

YVR for it's tech stop on the Toronto service instead of ANC?

Mark

</excerpt>

Cathay Pacific has often swapped Vancouver for Anchorage this
year...the Iraq war, SARS, I think the reason now is the elimination
of Transit With Out Visa and other things by the US that complicates
things when a flight between China and Canada stopped here and many
passengers didn't have passports or visas authorizing US stops. I
think I saw a CX A340 here last week, but maybe it was awhile before.

Mike

aha- thought I could find something official:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/intl/news/2nd/

note that <bold>beginning 6 August, 2003</bold>, there will be a
technical stop in Vancouver instead of Anchorage due to the recent
suspension of "Transit Without Visa" Programme in the United States.</fontfamily>

--Boundary_(ID_uu1nUNgNQU7mMbi6puXChA)--