Re: speaking of DCA slots

At 03:37 AM 8/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>When is someone going to do the old TWA LAX-DCA service.  I believe, of all
>the stupid things, DL got the National (N7) LAS-DCA slots for an SLC-DCA
>service.  I know both UA and AS applied for LAX-DCA.  You would think that
>would be
>a natural, as LAX is pretty much the only major airport without DCA service

A fair question, although with just the single round trip slot, it's not
that compelling.
I think that three "beyond perimeter" round trips a day at DCA is sort of
hopeless,
especially since they've ended up scattered across multiple carriers and
markets.
At least with two round-trips, you can offer a morning and evening trip in each
direction. You'll notice that AA has three a day from Dulles, and UAL, manages
six.

- David