Re: Full power in YUL

In a message dated 8/18/2003 10:08:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jmgammon@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< They don't all start with a "Y".  My home field (Bromont, Quebec) is
classified as an "airport" (that is it is licensed as such by Transport Canada, as
opposed to an aerodrome, registered or not;  this information can be found in
the Canada Flight Supplement), but its call letters are CZBM (in fact all
Canadian airport designators now start with C)

 In point of fact over time "Y" as the second letter in the designator has
come to mean an aiport where weather observations were made, either by a weather
observer or an automated station, and hence METARs and TAFs are available for
that station.

 YMMV, it could be that by now some "Y" fields no longer have Wx services.

I was talking about the 3 letter codes, not the ILS/GPS codes.  Sorry for not
making that clear