Re: Full power in YUL

They don't all start with a "Y".  My home field (Bromont, Quebec) is classified as an "airport" (that is it is licensed as such by Transport Canada, as opposed to an aerodrome, registered or not;  this information can be found in the Canada Flight Supplement), but its call letters are CZBM (in fact all Canadian airport designators now start with C)

In point of fact over time "Y" as the second letter in the designator has come to mean an aiport where weather observations were made, either by a weather observer or an automated station, and hence METARs and TAFs are available for that station.

YMMV, it could be that by now some "Y" fields no longer have Wx services.

Mike Gammon