Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining ground/'Regular' a...

In a message dated 8/13/2003 6:40:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bahadiracuner@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I know they were losing money. But there are some markets that you will
make
 money no matter what. SEA in the summer, DEN in the winter type of thing.
 Their SEA-CMH service could have been a great alternative to SEA-East Coast
 travelers.

 HP is somewhere between low-cost and full-service. They created a nice niche
 for themselves. I understand their business decision, but I am guessing DL
 is making good money with the CMH operation now >>

I like HP's idea as well, but I wish I would stop hearing complaints about
the shape of their planes.  I have full confidence in their flight crews, as I
know a few of them, but I will never think of them the same after all the stuff
I hear about rickety planes.  I also think that the reason they could not
make CMH work was that they did not put enough effort into it.  Considering that
US has made CLT into a much better hub than their original home town says
something about using smaller cities with success.  HP should have gone full bore
or not at all