Taxes - Don't worry it is aviation related :)

>In any case, it is absurd to pay 25 to 30 percent taxes
>on an airilne ticket.  The money doesn't go to the aviation
>industry - it goes, for the most part, to the general fund.

Government provides a service. FAA has its obligations to the people
who work the ATC, work the lines, etc. $3 fees per segment go to the
FAA fund that has accumulated close to $3bil. since the start of that
program. The airline that hates more than anyone else is Southwest because
it hurts them the most.

If I am flying SEA-BWI with stops in SJO, SAT, MCI,CMH etc. then I'd
rather fly SEA-<insert the hub>-BWI and pay almost the same, even
cheaper. If the $3 wasn't there, I would still pick the second choice
over the first one anyway..

>No country ever taxed itself into prosperity.  The taxes are way to high.
>Between federal and state income taxes, gasoline tax, sales tax, airline
>ticket taxes, telephone taxes (which should have gone away a long time ago
>because their purpose (to give phone service to rurual America) is no
longer
>needed),
>alcohol taxes, cigarette taxes, double taxation of dividends, death taxes,
>etc., etc., etc., you are lucky it keep 40% of your salary.  Unless, of
>course, you are on welfare in which case everyone else is giving you a free
lunch.

>David R

there is no free lunch.. There is no free government either. US has one of
the
lowest tax rates in the G-7 countries. On top of that, no any other country
gives $300 bil. worth of tax cuts to rich, while people busting their asses
get almost nothing..

BAHA
Fan of Mr. Buffett saying "with $30,000 that she makes, my secretary
deserves
a tax cut more than she does."..